I don’t know about you but when I hear the word maternity clothes a little part of me automatically cringes. I can’t help it! Throw the words maternity and shopping together and I just want to stay at home. So after throwing few little tantrums in my wardrobe I conceded and decided to do some shopping.
This is what I found.
- A belly belt! My new (but old) best friend. I had one for my last two pregnancies but I wore it out. The Belly Belt allows me to wear most of the pants in my wardrobe without having to invest in maternity jeans. You can purchase these at Target and at David Jones. One size fits all so it’s an easy online buy.
- If you are looking for some fabulous maternity jeans then I have lived in my MAVI’s. They are a skinny leg dark denim and really comfy. You can find these at David Jones also.
- If you are wanting to stay on the colour trend then you can’t go past Jeans West. They have all sorts of maternity jeans in great colours. A little investment for great results.
- I lived in Kookai for my first pregnancy. Their stretchy fabric is a dream! It’s tight, tucks you in where it needs to be tucked and loose for those ‘other’ areas. Their basics have lasted me 3 times over and in between. Their singlet tops are nice and long and their stretchy pencil skirts are a great thickness so you don’t feel like your butt is on show. Once your belly pops it’s nice to have it a little on show and you can’t go past the Kookai dresses. I would go into one if their stores to get the best basics.
- Now that I’m a little bit older I find that I tend to dress in longer silk tanks. My favourite would have to be the Nicholas tanks. I have seriously lived in these in every colour. You can buy them online here at www.greenwithenvy.com.au or at their store but for Perth peeps head into Sana Boutique in Claremont, they always have a fantastic selection and in heaps of colours.
- Every pregnant woman needs a few pairs of leggings to get them through and if you’re like me, then you don’t want to spend a whole heap on the basics. Cotton On has a fabulous selection of leggings, plain and in print and they are super comfy. Check out there basic jersey and boyfriend T’s while you’re there. These fit fabulously over your jeans for that cool, comfy, casual look.
- If you’re after something a little more special because let’s face it, sometimes maternity jeans just don’t do the trick, then you can’t go past the elastic waisted pants at Sass n Bide. I lived in mine so they were a great investment. I just found these beauties in store and again, super comfy but still on trend with colour and fit to keep you feeling awesome. Check out there tanks while you are there! I little investment I know, but they will last.